These are some of our current campaigns and initiatives.
Here's what YOU can do
- Please Join us!
- Make an online donation
- General: Contact your councillor (Newcastle)
- Tell us your story. It's simple. It's holiday season. Email us a couple of pedaltastic photos... read more #youReport
- Haddricks Mill: Make councillors aware of our report
- Collating your info: Path maintenance problems
- Sign the e-petition to Get Britain Cycling
- Submit your photos to our Loopy Lanes flickr pool
- Spread the word using our poster and leaflet - why not print out and display at your workplace or local cafe?
- Discuss things with others on our facebook group
Here's what WE are doing
- We keep you informed via our monthly newsletter
- We are putting the wheels in motion for Strategic Cycle Routes for Newcastle
- We are mapping Campaigning locations
- Keeping a watchful eye on monitoring of cycling levels in Newcastle such as creating this cycle counter map
- We want bikes to be allowed on the Metro: Bikes on Metro #bom
- We participated at the national Summer of Cycling Summer of Cycling - the story
- We support The Times' call for Cities Fit for Cycling #cyclesafe http://thetim.es/cyclesafety#cyclesafe
- Marden Bridge - North Tyneside get it wrong http://www.newcycling.org/news/20120419/marden-bridge-it-just-gets-worse
We are keeping an eye on Newcastle City Council's traffic orders and replying to consulations as necessary. For example...
- 3 Mar 2013 and 16 Aug 2012 Fenham Hall Drive technical and statutory reply
- 1 Mar 2013 and 24 Nov 2012 Gosforth Cycle Safety Fund
- 21 Feb 2013 Gateshead cycle strategy
- 31 Jan 2013 Armitt Review
- 27 Jan 2013 Budget proposals 2013-16
- 19 Jan 2013 Bus lane simplification (Newcastle)
- 13 Jan 2013 NE-LEP (Adonis) call for evidence
- 16 Dec 2012 and 1 Feb 2013 Our response to Walker SCR informal and formal consultation
- 5 Dec 2012 APPCG parliamentary inquiry
- 12 September 2012 last, various since Mar 2011 Core Strategy 1Core consultation a long story
- 12 Jan 2012 Westmorland Road
- 22 Jul 2011 and 17 Oct 2011 Brighton Grove a long story
- 3 April 2011 Science City
- 10 Dec 2010 LTP3 (Tyne & Wear)
- 19 Nov 2010 North-South route through Newcastle (Codename: red route)
Are you a Councillor and wondering what you can do?
There is loads you can do!
Check this out!