British Cycling have set up a new national business network called #ChooseCycling and we at Newcycling would like to see Newcastle-based big businesses to join in. Working with British Cycling we have drafted an invitation letter [pdf] but your help is needed to get this out to the right people.
The list of businesses qualifying to enter the #ChooseCycling the network is below. According to The Journal Top 200 NE Businesses Supplement these companies have headquarters in Newcastle and all have 500 or more employees – qualifying for British Cycling’s #ChooseCycling network.
What can you do?
Do you work in, or do you know anyone who works in these businesses? Ideally we would like to reach the director responsible for Corporate Social Responsibility or an equivalent community-focused role.
- Please let us know by emailing newcastle.cycling.campaign@
gmail.com or if you are in the position to forward the invite yourself please copy us in.
- If you work for or know any other big businesses in Newcastle – perhaps they are not on the list or have headquarters elsewhere – and you think they should join the #ChooseCycling network, then we at Newcycling and British Cycling want to hear from them too.
Ideally we would like to reach all 22 businesses – by the end of the summer… so we will have to be quick!
Thanks in advance,
Rupert, liaison at newcycling.org
#ChooseCycling network letter to leader
Full list of #ChooseCycling businesses (30 May 2015)
Joint British Cycling and Newcycling North East business invitation letter [pdf]
British Cycling’s #ChooseCycling website
The Top Newcastle Businesses 500+ employess (in alphabetical order)
- Addison Motors Ltd (Motor dealer)
- Aesica Holdco Ltd (Pharmaceuticals)
- Bellway PLC (Housebuilder)
- Bond Dickinson LLP (Law firm)
- British Engines Ltd (Engineering)
- Fenwick Ltd (Department stores operator)
- Go-Ahead Group PLC (Public transport)
- Greggs PLC (Baker)
- Home Group Ltd (Social housing)
- ISG 1 Holdings Ltd (Holding company)
- LSL Property Services PLC (Estate agency)
- Newcastle Building Society (Financial services)
- Newcastle College Group (Educational services)
- Northern Powergrid Holdings Company (Electricity distribution)
- Parsons Brinckerhoff Ltd (Engineering)
- PD Parks Holdings Ltd (Holiday parks)
- Reece Group Ltd (Engineering)
- Ringtons Holdings Ltd (Foods & beverages)
- Sage Group PLC (Software)
- Station Hotel (Newcastle) Ltd (Hotel)
- Technology Services Group Ltd (IT services)
- Virgin Money Holdings (UK) Ltd (Financial services)