Organised by Newcastle council, please come along and give a strong voice to cycling improvements. Every help appreciated! There will be’ table discussions’, and the the clearer we can get the message across how important safe space is for cycling (current and new cyclists) the better.
The basic points screaming out to be made are
– cycle lanes / paths give clarity of space
– cycle lanes / paths afford safety
– blocked cycle lanes / paths (parked cars) are useless
– interrupted cycle lanes / paths (by silly design) are useless
All we’d like to see is a space that is
– clearly marked for cycling
– and feels safe
– free of parked cars
See you there.